Monday, August 10, 2009

Anonymous Favorites


Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great. By: Judy Blume.

This is a book that is pretty special. Known to all, this book is special to me because I am kind of like Shelia.This book is about a girl that lives in the city and is spending the summer in Tarrytown, New York. In a house where there are three boys rooms, howling dogs, and spiders. When Shelia's mother signs her up for private swimming lessons, Shelia thinks her summer can't get any worse. Then Shelia makes some friends and starts a really cool day camp where she and her new friend Mouse Ellis can learn pottery and discover and exciting secret about the pottery teacher. I could not put this book down because it was so funny and exciting! I read this book for hours. Over and over again! Now it is one of my favorite books and sits on my bookshelf today.


The Fish In Room 11 By: Heather Dyer. Toby is a boy who lives on a hotel because of being abandoned when he was a baby. His life was not exciting until he is sent down to the beach to look for the hotel cook's lost laundry. There he finds a mermaid named Eliza Flot. She needs his help. Toby soon meets her noisy parents and practically becomes part of the family!I could not put this book down because it was so crazy! Lots of things happened at once and it was so very funny! I love this book and have given it to so many friends. I get a lot of great comments!

No comments: